We to spend holidays abroad.
She late as usual.
Unfortunately, I money when it was too late.
They Smith of murder.
We a lot of time.
He behaviour us immensly.
Six prisoners from the jail a few days ago.
Some time ago the author his book.
I all the materials and I still have no results.
2. The Simple Past Tense exercises. Complete the following sentences with the verbs in brackets. Remember that some of the verbs belong to regular verbs and the others to irregular verbs.
1. The postman many letters for you yesterday. bring
2. You your documents in the bus the day before yesterday. lose
3. At the age of ten I the floors in a clothing-store. sweep
4. He very old and tired. feel
5. At last he to the end of his story. come
6. We a very pleasant evening with the Smiths last week. spend
7. I school and slowly towards the river. leave / walk
8. I a very good play last night. see
9. The farmers their products to the market. sell
10. Our team the race yesterday. win
11. She a beautiful bunch of flowers yesterday. choose
12. My new shoes less than yours. cost
13. I on the edge of my chair. sit
14. The painter a beautiful picture. draw
15. Our old teacher, Mr Hartley, geometry with passion. teach
3. Past Continuous tense exercise. Write the words in capital letters at the end of sentences in Past Continuous Tense.
1. I when the telephone rang. SLEEP
2. We had a good time when we at the party. DANCE
3. We television when my brother walked in. WATCH
4. I about something else. THINK
5. I my English lesson when you came. READ
6. We beer when my parents arrived. DRINK
7. I when my mobile rang. STUDY
8. It at night. RAIN
9. The car fine this evening. RUN
10. Tom and Betty when the parents came in. KISS
4.Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or past progressive).
When I (do) the washing-up, I (break) a plate.
While Tom (play) the piano, his mother (do) the washing-up.
He (drink) some juice and then he (eat) a few chips.
I (have) dinner when I suddenly (hear) a loud bang.
When my father (work) in the garden, an old friend (pass) by to see him.
She (go) to school, (take) out her textbook and (begin) to learn.
When it (start) to rain, our dog (want) to come inside.
When Jane (do) a language course in Ireland, she (visit) Blarney Castle.
When I (be) on my way home, I (see) an accident.
I (not / understand) what they (talk) about.
5. Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Progressive).
When I (get) up yesterday, the sun (shine) .
It (is) a beautiful morning.
So I (decide) to cycle around a little.
I (go) to the shed and (take) out my bike.
While I (cycle) past some villages, I (see) some people in their gardens.
One man (mow) the grass while his wife (pick) strawberries.
After one hour of cycling in sunshine, a big fat raincloud suddenly (appear) and it (start) to rain.
Luckily, a farmer (notice) me and (tell) me to come in.
While it (rain) outside, I (sit) in the farmer's house.
After a while, the sun (come) out again.
I (thank) the farmer for his hospitality and (move) on.
DURING THIS CLASS WE WILL WORK IN 3 DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES: THE FIRST ACTIVITY IS TO PRACTICE THE ENGLISH MASS SONGS, THE SECOND ACTIVITY IS A LITLLE REWIEV FOR YOUR EVALUATION AND THE THIRD PART IS THE BEGINNING OF OUR FINAL PROJECT.
Look for the information about your countries and your two best players. remember you need to make 10 comparatives sentences between the countries and ten between the players. at least 10 sentences must be long adejctives. DO IT IN WORD ANS SEND IT. until FRIDAY 28.