TEACHERS: BEATRIZ SANCHEZ AND ADRIANA RESTREPO
ELKIN ESPINAL AND ISABEL ARIAS
ASTRID PARRA AND ALVARO DEOSSA
IMPORTANT INFORMATION SECOND SEMESTER
AN OPINION ESSAY
1. WHAT IS AN OPINION ESSAY?
2. ESSAY STRUCTURE:
TITLE, INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH ( General statement and thesis statement), BODY PARAGRAPHS, CONCLUDING PARAGRAPH.
3. BASIC EXAMPLE
4. READ THE FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM FOR NEXT CLASS.
5. READ THE NEXT DOCUMENTS, YOU DON´T HAVE TO PRINT THEM, THEY ARE JUST FOR READING
FINAL PROJECT PATTERNS: "What´s going on in the news?"
FINAL PRODUCT PRESENTATION: TV News Broadcast
1. Make groups of 5 students
2. Prepare a TV news broadcast taking into account these aspects:
Name of the TV News: _________________________
b Unusual stories
c. Modern families
d. The unknown
e. Other sections that each team decides... (3)
f. TV adds, adverts, or commercials: (2)
3. Write an Script: please write everything that you will say in your TV news Broadcast
(This will be written in class throughout the classes)
4. The final product will be a pre-recorded video with the TV news Broadcast. 5 to 10 minutes long.
All students on each team must appear in the video.
THE FOLLOWING LINKS CAN BE VERY USEFUL FOR EACH TEAM
TV NEWS: How to be a good TV News Reporter
1. How to find stories as a TV news reporter?
2. How to time a news story?
3. What the tips to use your voice as TV reporter?
4. How to present yourself as a news reporter? (body language)
5. What do you need to be prepared as a TV news reporter?
WEEK AUGUST 25th / 2017
HOW TO REPORTED STATEMENTS
1. LET´S REMEMBER HOW TO REPORT STATEMENTS
TIME EXPRESSIONS CHART
2. LET´S PRACTICE REPORTED STATEMENTS
HOW TO REPORT QUESTIONS
1.LET´S WATCH A VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO REPORT QUESTIONS
2. LET´S SEE IN THE CHART HOW TO REPORT QUESTIONS, PLEASE TAKE NOTES IN YOUR ENGLISH NOTEBOOKS
3. LET´S PRACTICE HOW TO REPORT QUESTIONS
HOW TO REPORT COMMANDS AND REQUESTS
1. LET´S READ ABOUT HOW TO REPORT COMMANDS ANS REQUESTS
2. SEE THE FOLLOWING CHARTS TO UNDERSTAND BETTER HOW TO REPORT COMMANDS, REQUESTS AND ORDERS
3. LET´S PRACTICE HOW TO REPORT COMMANDS, REQUESTS AND ORDERS
ENGLISH LAB. WEEK JULY 17-21/2017
PRUEBAS SABER INGLES 11 (SECOND ONLINE PRACTICE)
1. POWER POINT PRESENTATION:
2. SIMULACROS ICFES (DRILLS)
1. Don't complete with your personal information.
2. Just click start and do your test.
3. Check your result at the end and show it to your teachers.
GRAPHIC INTERPRETATIONS AND SCIENCE READING:
GRAPHIC INTERPRETATIONS AND SOCIAL STUDIES READING:
GRAPHIC INTERPRETATION AND RELIGION READING
3. VOCABULARY TEST.
LAB ACTIVITY: ICFES TRAINING
PRUEBAS SABER INGLES 11: (First Online Practice)
Guys, these are the links we used for our first online practice for English ICFES. I hope it can be useful to y'all as well.
Each month we are planning to have an online and a paper based ICFES practice.
PART 1: SIGNS INTERPRETATION
PART 2: VOCABULARY AND DEFINITIONS
PART 3: CONVERSATIONS COMPLETION
PART 4, 7: GAPPED TEST - CLOZE TEST - FILL IN THE BLANKS
PART 5, 6: READING COMPREHENSION (Multiple Choice)
SECOND SEMESTER 2017
11th GRADE ENGLISH ACADEMIC PROPOSAL
SEMESTER 2: JUNE 12 - NOVEMBER 24
TRAYECTO DE ACTIVIDADES GRADO 11
WHAT´S GOING ON? UNITS 6,7,8 AND 9
UNIT 6 IN THE NEWS
ENGLISH LAB. WEEK MAY 2-5/2017
PART 1. CONDITIONALS
2. let´s practice conditionals playing kahoot, please get into kahoot.it and wait for the code to play.
PART 2. FINAL ENGLISH PROJECT PATTERNS. Read the final english project patterns
PROJECT: PEOPLE WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Create a portfolio through the semester
a. Previous knowledge: Vocabulary and idioms, story elements, definitions of hero, super-hero, anti-hero, villain using videos and web pages links.
b. Choosing the characters
c. Collect evidences: pictures, webpages references, searched material...
d. Step by step:
Pictures and descriptions using mind maps, graphic organizers and descriptive paragraphs.
Write and talk about how they have gotten their goals, accomplishments...
The secrets of their own success.
Why do we fail? Reflections about failure vs success
Below you will find the files to star doing your project, Download the files.
ENGLISH PRAYER FOR ELEVENTH GRADE
MARCH 20th - 24th- 2017
Download the next worksheet, print and bring them for next class.
1. Watch the power point presentation about the English Mass in order to reinforce it , we´ll have our first English Mass next Monday, March 27th/2017:
2. Listen to the English mass songs and practice them for our English Mass on Monday March 27/2017
FIRST ACTIVITY LAB 2017
1. Read and write down the First semester planning for 11th grade 2017 (Spanish version)
2. Read Academic proposals 11th grade 2017 (English version)
You don´t have to write it down because your teachers will give you the photocopy
3. Watch the next powerpoint presentation about our planning, it will be very useful for you.
4.order of adjectives (pdf to practice)
5. Read the Lists of adjectives to describe personality and look for the meaning of new words.
6. Let´s practice about personality types
Fill the survey you will find in Edmodo and send it.
Follow the instructions to create your Curriculum Vitae and be prepared for the interview next week.
Watch the following videos and write as many sentences as you can using direct or reported speech
Practice the phrasal verbs: